Sunday, October 26, 2008

Check it out

I finally got the video about John Green up. If you're interested, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2kvaA0e9g
The week was spent with exams, parties, preaching and politicking. The weekend with reading Paper Towns and Graveyards. All in all it was pretty satisfying.
Since Beth posts awesome-type lyrics I'll just post my favorite of Shakespeare's sonnets her. God was that man brilliant. I might be able to go on a Grand Shakespeare Tour in England with my school this Januray. I wanna go very badly. Very, VERY badly. I'll shut up now and let good ol' William do the talking.

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he was a genius!
and that is a very skilled poem..