Monday, November 24, 2008

Concert and Snow

The concert was totally awesome, although it was too long for me to catch the last train to Berlin, so I spent a second night at The Guy's house. Embarassing moment of the week: I told him I didn't need any bed-stuff cause I had my sleeping bag (I am very fond of my sleeping bag) so when his mom asked from downstairs if she should bring some sheets up, he answered: 'no we don't need an extra bed' and she was like 'okay then...'. And then I just died of embarassment.
After i had died, we watched Atonement and I died again, this time because of total disgust. Why did noone tell me about the pieces of brain, the water corpses and the creepy children??!

Germany is all snowed in, my school too. It is undescribably beautiful. Plus it's very funny and interesting to watch my fellow students react to the snow. Basically, there are three types of reaction, one for every branch the school has:

1. The Music Geeks panic because the fear to get a cold, which would keep them from choir.

2. The Science Geeks get busy testing various spects of Thermodynamics and experimenting with the statics of snow

3. The Language Geeks cherish the lyrical beauty of the winter wonder land and engage in long walks in the park and epical snowball fights



The Kooks!

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Oops I forgot you didn't stay at Madison's the night we watched that. Nobody got passed the first 20 mins. It's one of my favorite movies/books.

Beth said...

ya, ppl dont focus 2 much on the gore when there's dirty stuff goin on ;-). at least, i think atonement is the one everyone was talkin about...
o, and let the music geeks know: u dont catch a cold from snow. u catch it from a virus. the only thing it has to do w/ snow is that ur immune system is a bit weaker when its cold, but that has nothing to do w/ snow. cold is cold. pneumonia, on the other hand, is something you catch from being cold and wet...and its a bit more serious than the common cold, actually...