Thursday, November 20, 2008

what's new

there's much to tell you, my friends, but alas, time is short. So let's get going:
My class went to the world's largest Beatles museum this week and the concentration of pure awesome made me dizzy. Yesterday at midnight, we toasted on The Guy's 18th birthday(Imagine me trying to get myself subtly attractive in my ratty old jammies). Which was great timing since today we wrote an essay on Faust for four hours straight, an exam practice that I think should be illegal. Tomorrow, I won't go home like usual but to The Guy's house in a nearby city with a large crowd, where we he is having is birthday party till Saturday. After everybody has left on Saturday for their various hometowns, The Guy and I will go to a concert of the Kooks, from where I'll try to catch the last train to Berlin, which would bring me there at around midnight. All that might or might not happen at all because there is said to be one of the awfullest snowstorms ever to night, so the trains might be out of service and we would be stuck in the convent. My luck.
Devastating news today: Some stupid senior guy is founding a party! It's not even an independent one, but the youth group of what you could call the German Democrats. But because he is a senior and a guy and tall and handsome, every person interested in politics is going to join his group and not ours. Just now, when we are starting to get established and are working on our first projects! But the fight isn't over yet...
Gotta go now cause there is this big traditional ceremony for all the alumni who have died in the past year. lotsa love!

oh, Shakespeare is dead. I'm going to Brussel (dont know if thats the english name) instead, it's chaeper.

2 comments:

Beth said...

uh..soph...who exactly is The Guy???

Sophie said...

the one I blogged angrily about in september.
http://crazyuselessmorphingmass.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-just-met-freakishly-nice-guy.html