Saturday, September 6, 2008

My new pet

It's a mouse. It's living in my room. Fix brought it in yesterday night - at 1 am. I made him let go of it and bam: it immediately ran into my room. Of course it's perfectly healthy too, because Fix never kills his mice. He just kinda treats them like the toy-mice we always give him: Carries them around, plays a little - he never hurts them intentionally but being carried around in a mouth with sharp teeth tends to be a little damaging for your health...
Anyway, the poor little thing is hiding somewhere in my room now, which by the way looks like a warzone due to me chasing it all night and morning. Have you ever tried to catch a mouse with your bare hands? It's not fun, let me tell you. It takes for ever to find a tiny little mouse in a stuffed room in the first place, but even if you do find it somehow - it's just way too fast. And able to run to places you can't reach.

I already tried to make Fix&Foxi catch her for me, but not even they were succesful. After a very exciting morning, they just kinda gave up. I can't let them in my room unsupervised now, which annoys them too.

Since I can't tell when this mouse-affair will be over, I've decided to name the little thing. I was thinking Scabbers or Fridolin (you pronounce it Freedoleen). Any other suggestions? I would also be really grateful if anybody could tell me what to feed a mouse, since I don't want it to die because 1) that would be very sad and 2) i'd like to avoid a rotting corpse at some unknown place in my room. I put bread at random spots, but she (i've decided I need some ostrogene-type support in my household, so it's become a girl) didn't touch it, instead she prefered old newspapers. i think I can actually hear her nagging on something under my desk right now... i should go.

Love, Sophie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, well they like cheese, nuts and seeds and stuff like that. and you bet they like news paper lol.
i will then indeed make a cd for you.
yeah i dont know what you're counted as now astronomical twin sister souds good ahaha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

stupid computer, curse this slow one. what i said was paternal twin of course lol.
anyway scince i now look like a retard i'll stop now.

Beth said...

find some food the mouse likes- seeds, cheese, w/e. by some freakin' mouse food at the pet store. then, when u know it likes that food, put some out and SIT by it. and WAIT. maybe you will catch the mouse that way. that's the best idea i've got, at least.