Friday, September 12, 2008

Secrets, Literature, Candlelight and Caves

So yesterday my Politics Class went to the State Parliament. We watched elected, well-payed representatives of the people insult and yell at each other like ill-educated preschoolers and then we had a long dicussion with the president of parliament, where we kinda attacked him... a lot. But we were way more polite and content-oriented than the members of parliament, so.
The whole point of the story is something completetly different though. On the trainride, we randomly came to talk about the Dead Poets Society and I was like: Hey, why dont we start something like that? Especially seeing we're a boarding school and all
And then the girl across from me said: Well, i'm part of a club that is kinda like that. But it's sort of a secret... I can take you the next time.
Can you imagine how excited I got? So apparently they meet at night in a cave in the woods where they read poems and literature or stuff they wrote themselves. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! It's just like the Dead Poets Society!!
I was totally filled up with bounciness due to this when we got back to campus. But that's when it got even crazier.
There was a note on my door with my name written on it and a very beautiful poem from the point of view of a girl that died somehow. On the back there was written "What happened to me? Come to the the blackboard (there's this huge blackboard in one of the hallways) at 7:30pm"
All of this was in English. Which made me guess that it was coming from the American Literature Club for which I gad signed up, but seriously? Which school club club would do something that awesome?! So I went to the blackboard and it turns out I had been right. The club is just really that awesome. Everyone got different poems, which by the way come from the "Spoonriver Anthology" one of my favorite poetry collections, and together they were a puzzle that told a story. The people are interesting. Everything is discussed in English. The projects we will work on are things like an E.A. Poe themed Halloween party, and last but not
least: Our next meetings are gonna be held in the attic of an unused wing, the "duke-house". !!!!!
So I'm in two really awesome-seeming literature clubs now. I have dreamed my ENTIRE LIFE
of having a literature club! Even before I was able to read!
AAHHH! This is making me so excited, that i had to ramble on about it in a huge post!!!

Gotta go and read now... Bye!!!!
Sophie

By the way: could it be, that the blog is getting less lively? What happened to commenting and posting random things? and what happened with Lauren? oh, if you read this lauren: i'm sending your letter this weekend. sorry that I'm such a pen-turtle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well im commenting even though i talked o you earlier today lol. that is awesome. i wanna be there and go to that thing too! grrr NJ isnt awesome enough to have stuff like that