Thursday, January 22, 2009

Britain is a small island indeed

Maybe i've mentioned at some point, that there are two "adult" exchange students living in my dorm. They are grad students who fro some reason are forced to spend a year abroad. there's a guy from france who is awesomely hippie-ish and a girl from the uk. Now, I was slightly prejudiced against her ever since she said that she thought "Doctor Who" was weird as if that was a bad thing, but yesterday she really astonished me.
I was having a little anglophile party for all the people who had been in the us/uk because I felt the need to spread all the nutritious awesome I got over the holidays and share oreos with people who could fully appreciate them. So while we were sitting ther, ranting on about america and great britain, someone pulled up the twilight movie on my roomie's laptop and we started the usual aw-ing about twilight and the uk-girl outed herself as huge fan AND revealed that....
now bear with me my friends. sit down. put any breakable object that might be near you away. take a deep breath -
she had nearly spent New Year's with Rob Pattinson.
!!!!!!
Apparently a good friend of hers is friend with him or related or something like that. and another friend of hers lives in his street in London. Now, come on. How small is that island if everybody seems to know everybody?? do you only have to take a walk in hyde park to run into hugh grant and jk? have I mentioned that I'm looking at british colleges now? I will keep you informed about my field studies on british and french culture.
Lots of love,
Soph

PS: did you know that if you type in blogpsot instead of blogspot you get to a page about bible studies? personally, i find that very concerning.


PPS: Yes, I do know Rob Pattinsons street now

No comments: