Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Root Canal (though probably no one cares)

Myth: root canals are painful
Truth: 5 needles of novacaine, including 2 shot directly into the infected nerve being treated, are painful.
Truth: after during and after a root canal, you can feel absolutely NOTHING. which is a rather bizarre sensation after having a continual toothache for a year...
Truth: root canals are absolutely gross. The taste of numbing gel, anesthetics, blood, metal, and rubber, the smell of smoking teeth (didn't ask about that, didn't want to know), having to stare up at a paneled ceiling with leak stains on it...why to all paneled ceilings have leak stains on them, anyway? tooth chips flying up and landing all over your face... ugh.
Supposed Truth: root canals are very sore for a few days after the fact. But hey, that's what the codeine's for.
(note: u know how a tetanus shot is kinda sore for a few days afterwards? the novacaine shots have a similar affect...only times 5. i cannot eat solid food. soup and smoothies shall get old quickly...)

3 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Feel better soon! Sending hugs.

Sophie said...

root canal? enlighten the foreigner, please.
It's awesome, that you're back on the blog, now I dont feel that lonely anymore. And of course I care when my little sister is in pain!!

Kaitlyn said...

Soup is good. But man that sucks I am not a big fan of dental work.I bite my dentist when she makes me get needles. And about your other post I kind of know what you mean I feel out of the loop a lot and I only ever see Lauren anymore.