Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Feeling Bookish?

So tonight was the first night of the teen writing workshop at the library. I have to say it's gonna be awesome and I already can't wait for next week! Keri Mikulski (an author who wrote a YA book called Screwball) is teaching the workshop.
Tonight we pretty much introduced ourselves, talked about our favorite books and authors, and described what kind of writers we are. Keri gave us all a copy of her book (Kaiti, she has one for you, don't worrk). I think I'll start that tonight...
She has a blog too! It's kerimikulski.blogspot.com. So check that out.
She's doing this cool contest where she's giving away free books! (I know how excited you guys get about free books. If you dont know what i mean, i have two words for you: advanced copies.)
CONTEST: http://kerimikulski.blogspot.com/2008/07/yay-for-ya-july-giveaway.html
(That gives me two entries for linking it ;-) )

If you want to come to the next session of the workshop (which you should), come prepared with a notebook for all your writing and 5-10 of your favorite books (you could also just find them in the library when you get there).

so... i guess that's all for now!
~George

5 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Hi Georgeanne! I had an amazing time too. I can't wait to hear about what everyone's reading and writing. . Tell, Kaiti and Beth, I said hi! Oh, and don't forget to send me the link so I can decipher all the inside jokes. Have a great weekend. :)

Keri Mikulski said...

BTW - Great blog! I'll link it tomorrow morning on my blog.

Beth said...

hey, I forgot to mention, the next workshop i can't come to cuz i have guitar lesson. ill come to the one in two weeks, just tell me wat 2 bring. o, and as for inside jokes, u can try but u will never be able to get them all. thats because most of them make no sense whatsoever. haha. watch out for parked doors.

Justin The Teen Librarian said...

Sounds like a cool program. I'm going to swing by the next time this event is going on...I couldn't make it this time cause I had band practice...

George said...

Keri: thanks!
Beth: darn, too bad you can't come.
Justin: the writing workshop is going to be awesome. ;-)