Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nerdfighting

I'am totally and undeniably obesessed with the vlogbrothers. It's actually kind of sad, but then again, I'm sure you are the only people in the universe, who can understand. I made a (still virtual) cd with Hank's songs (you can download them in My Pants) and I'm going to run to the library today as soon as my mom comes home with her public transportation card, so I can get The Catcher In The Rye. I think it would be really cool, if a couple of us would read it. Lauren and Kaiti will probably have to read it this year for school anyway, so you might as well do it now. Also, i noticed that there were A LOT of German people who commented on the video today, which made John really excited. He wrote that people who read Catcher in The Rye in German are made of aweseome, which made ME really excited. Told you I was obsessed. Oh, he references Edward in today's video - again. In a not positive but not really negative way.

I will make a new video tomorrow, because gibson and I are going to the speech that Obama will give here. I'm very excited for that. Oh, and before you roll your eyes at me: It was Gibson who suggested it =)

French Class is starting to be really fun, but my head is beginning to be such a mess, that Babel looks like a little shack in comparison. Beth, the weird-words-story is progressing, but it's getting kind of creepy... although it started out as a comedy... sorry. I'm going to look for Fix now. If i can't find him before the maid starts vacuumcleaning, a disaster is bound to happen. And it will involve extremely dangerous biological weapons in the form of pee...
Love, Sophie

3 comments:

George said...

As much as I hate people saying less-than-nice things about edward, i have to agree with him; reading about a person you are but don't want to admit is you is much more interesting (even though i've never read catcher in the rye and don't even know what it's about) than reading about someone you want to be or want to be with. I fully admit that one of the main reasons we read Twilight is because we want to pretend it's us who are with edward. Though i think bella is a character that we can all relate to and picture as ourselves so maybe that lowers some of the typical-ness of twilight?

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense but hopefully you guys understand my crazy mind by now... i just wanted to put my opinion out there...

Sophie said...

I so agree with you. The whole magic of "twilight" (and I actually mean the first book here) is that you can fall in love with this unspeakably perfect boy who somehow manages to represent pretty much every romantical ideal of our generation. Which is fun, but not necessarily enlightening ...

Anonymous said...

well from the one guy on here, edward is so much like me if you eliminated all my faults. as for bella she is not necessarilly most guys romantic ideal. shes cute but too obsessive and needy. its definitely a girls book, but im fascinated at the author seeming to stalk me and create an ideal version of myself, its really wierd as hank (john?) said, reading about someone who baisically is yourself