Monday, April 28, 2008

"An oriental affair" (Middle's theme is stupid)

So I actually survived my Prom. And as Beth mentioned, I didn't get covered in pigblood and I didn't set the convention on fire either. So it wasn't too bad.
it was actually a lot of fun. My dress was absolutely ginormous and barely fit into the Limo or under our table and my hair... was a miracle. I mean that absolutely literally: I'm pretty sure it defied a dozen laws of physics. I got my hair done at 4:30 on saturday and sunday noon, 20 hours, a middlebig storm, rain, dancing, afterprom, random bumping my head into walls and six hours of sleep later it was still exactly as it was when I left the hairstylist. !!! It took 40 bobbypins and half a bottle of hairspray.
I really didn't know all the scaryngly seriuos seniors in the limo at all, but I was so caught in my prom-bubble, that it didn't actually matter. Amazingly, I didn't trip when we walked the aisle.
Prom itself was a lot of fun; hanging out with random people, running around in a dress half my body-weight, dancing (!) , and eating fortunecookies and canned oranges.
Afterprom was pretty boring and tiring though, but oh well.
Than you guys (Beth, Kaity and George) so much for enduring my pre-prom hysteria with all the squeaking and jumping and stuff. It meant a lot to me. I wish the amoeba could have been at the prom, it would have been so much more fun. Next year is gonna be sooooooo amazing for all of you!!!!!! I expect very detailed documentation

Love, Sophs

1 comment:

Sophie said...

I, Beth, can account as a witness to the miracle of the hair. when I got up at 8:00 on sunday i remember looking over n seeing her hair all piled on top of her head in loopy lookin stuff still, n wonderin how much the bobby pins holdin it in hurt. she later told me she had bruises on her scalp. i, personally, would have taken out the pins b4 going to bed, but she was probably tryin not 2 wake me up-thx 4 that, soph, btw.