Wednesday, August 13, 2008

and again. a video

My hobbies, in no specific order:

1. reading/writing. like probably every third or so teenage girl in the world.
2. hanging out with my cats
3. being around people I love ( how eccentric ... )
4. making photos and videos
5. eating. preferably something involving chocolate

And yes, I made another video. it's kinda random, but i hope you'll like it... the volume changes a lot, i advise to turn the volume up a bit and just endure the loudness of the parts where I speak directly into the camera. The last half is just random rambling. For Georgeanne.

Links to some of the things discussed in here:

Maureen Johnson's blog

various
, randomtype things





I spent the week more or less with reading, running around for no particular reason, going on a not-date, shopping and contemplating ways to reach gibson and discuss with him the global situation. I bought a cable for my ipod-player today, so I was able to listen to my "my American music" (aka george's music) for the first time since Boston!! Yay! Also, I just noticed that I was wearing a skirt with a tag still on the entire day.
Tomorrow is my last day of Spanish class. After that I won't have any language classes till school starts in ten days!! Geez. What am I gonna do with all that TIME? Oh, right. My self-imposed reading list.
Miss you all terribly!


btw: I've discovered my love for kafka. Is anybody interested in starting a little kafka - bookclub with me?

5 comments:

Beth said...

i saw kafka referenced in something a while ago, but dont remember what, n didint know what it was...is he an author or something?

Anonymous said...

haha kafka was an extremely disturbed person but very very good writer and very insightful.
if you havent ( i know i recommended this before, buuut) read the starving artist. its amazing.

Sophie said...

Ah!! I have the starving artist as audiobook (I am a huge, extreme, ridiculous fan of audiobooks) and you are right: It is amazing. Probably one of the best crafted short stories in literature.
So that's a beginning for a little bookclub. I'll think of a place in the www were we could discuss that more in detail. Suggestions are welcome ;)

Beth said...

joe, do u have msn messenger? for book club/ future reference. geez, i dont even have ur email...

George said...

Sophie, I LOVE you! the chickens are amazing. and you're not boring. never heard of kafka. ugh, it looks like i have to do research now.