Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm at boarding school!!

Since yesterday!! There was a big, formal immmatriculation ceremony for al the newlings in the school's beautiful cathedral. Everything here looks so gorgous that it literally takes my breath sometimes. My room is nice and so is my roommate. And all the other people, for that matter. But they are very GERMAN. I have never gone to school with germans before and I gotta say that it is kinda weird. The other new girl in my class is called Sophie, too and she too just spent a year in America! She's really great and it's cool to have someone to share these experiences with.
What I actually wanted to say: The only internet acces here consists in 6 computers in the main building, which are pretty slow and dodnt even allow youtube. So dont get mad if it takes long for me to answer your emails or comments or if i just disappear for a while. I try to get on here as often as possible, but i just dont have the access anymore, that I used to have.
The best way to keep in touch might actually be to mail. like paper-ink-type mailing. We can send and receive stuff here and it takes only 2-3 days for letters to cross the atlantic. We also have a non-cell phone in our hallway, but we can only get called and not call from it. But i#ll figure something out. i will probably go home every weekend, but next weekend I have to stay here.
i love you all and miss you terribly,
Sophie

PS: Lauren!!! i got your letter right before I left!! Thx so much!! Coco now decorates my wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does that mean i will be able to call your house still? or no. if not thats cool i can send old fashioned mail lol. no theres something cool and personal about a letter, idk..
i miss you!!!!

Madison Gray said...

Sophie, I miss you terribly! the time won't come soon enought until I get to see you again. i hope everything is alright with school! I love you! Remember anytime you want to come over here mom saidshe would take you in a heartbeat.